[BITList] Fwd: [IrishSeaShips] Re: NEWS: SS Shieldhall Could Be Scrapped!

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Mon Jan 3 18:28:17 GMT 2011

And another comment

Mike

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Paul Derrick"
Date: 3 January 2011 17:40:48 GMT
To: <IrishSeaShips at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [IrishSeaShips] Re: NEWS: SS Shieldhall Could Be Scrapped!

Trouble is when a railway loco needs work you can just park it up in a
siding and cover with a tarpaulin until funds are raised which you can't do
with a ship, and also railways tend to have several other locos to keep the
service running and maintain the income stream, whereas most 'preserved'
ships are individual societies/trusts and not part of a larger fleet...