[BITList] education mystery

CT's x50type at cox.net
Sun Feb 13 02:21:34 GMT 2011

just to keep you up to date on the big stoopid................
ct

louisiana has too many universities for it’s population. there is a move afoot to combine 2 of the 6 or 7 in new orleans.
southern university, new orleans [SUNO] is mainly black  – I was aghast at the graduation rate of 8%.
how is it possible to call yourself a university [and stay open] and have a graduation this bad – I don’t get it................?
because it is mainly black, SUNO is rallying prominent blacks to its cause to remain open and separate.
on what pretext I can’t imagine! [jobs for the boys?]

SUNO graduation rate of 8 percent is nation's lowest for a historically black public college
Published: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 9:00 AM     Updated: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 4:53 PM
The graduation rate at Southern University at New Orleans has inched up by 3 percentage points -- from 5 percent to 8 percent -- but it still is the lowest for any public historically black college in the country and the second-lowest of any urban public college, new federal figures show.
The only public university in a city that has a lower rate is Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma City, which graduated 5 percent of its students in 2009. That's the latest year for which such information is available.

The new numbers were issued while a study is being conducted in Louisiana on Gov. Bobby Jindal's controversial proposal to merge SUNO with the University of New Orleans, a predominantly white school about a mile away on the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain.