[BITList] Fwd: [vsdh] Townsville

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Tue Feb 8 23:33:33 GMT 2011

The latest from John

Mike

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Feltham <wantok at me.com>
Date: 8 February 2011 23:21:59 GMT

Subject: Re: [vsdh] Townsville

G'day folks,

On 07 Feb, 2011,at 02:20 AM, Michael Feltham <ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com> wrote:

> Ian,
>
> I understand from Emails on another group that there was minor flooding with power outages and no sanitary water. John lost a tree in his garden, I hope it's not his mango tree ! There seem to have been lots of trees blown over and roofs lost.
>
> I believe that everyone will be back at work tomorrow, Monday.
> Ian V Anthony

The latest that I have on T'ville is that power was restored to my house on Friday evening, so all the meat etc in our two fridges has survived! We had thought that it would all have to be dumped.

As Michael has written, we lost a small tree that was already on its last legs. Happily our lemon tree which fell over a couple of years ago when we were over in Perth, and was stood back up again, has survived.

However, the mango season for 2010/2011 was very poor all over the mango growing area, so I haven't been able to lay down a supply for this year.

Hopefully, Helma and I will be back home by this time next week.