[BITList] Target Stores - What a surprise

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 7 02:53:33 GMT 2011

*_Target Stores - What a surprise_*

Wasn't it last Christmas that Target refused to let the Salvation Army
ring their bells in front of their stores?

*/_Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote.

'Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud
sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our
spring recognition event.

We received the following reply
from the local  TARGET management:_/**/__/*

*/_'  Veterans do not meet our
area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action
groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education.'

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam  Veterans Memorial Wall and
veterans in general, do not meet their donation criteria,
then something is really wrong at this TARGET store._/*

*/_We were
not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just
a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I, E-mailed the TARGET _/**/U.S./**/Corporate
Headquarters and their response was the same.../*

*/
/**/_That's  their
national  policy
_/**/_
_/**/_Then   looked into the company  further..
_/**/_They  will not allow
the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots'at any of their
stores. And during the recent   Iraq deployment,they would
not allow families of employees who were  called up for
active duty to continue their insurance coverage while
they were on military service.._/*

*/_Then as I dig further, _/*

*/_TARGET
_/**/_is a French-owned corporation_/**/_.

Now, I'm thinking again.. If TARGET cannot support American (or Aussie)
Veterans, then why should my family and I support their
stores by spending our hard earned American (or Aussie) dollars in their
stores??? _/*

*/_And,_/**/__/*

*/_have their profits sent to France  ._/**/_

Without the American (and Aussie)
Vets, where would _/**/_France_/**/_  be today?

'They, most likely would be speaking German  and trading in Deutsch Marks'

Sincerely,
Dick  Forrey
Veterans Helping Veterans

Please send this on  to everyone you know_/**/_
_/**/_to let Target know_/**/__/*

*/_we don't need them either ! _/*

<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=613056&rui=132307327&sd=20110103>

.