[BITList] Sad news.

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 04:04:28 GMT 2011

G'day folks,

Sad news indeed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/8981393/Tsewang-Yishey-Pemba.html

and

http://lhakardiaries.com/2011/12/14/a-man-of-many-firsts/

As mentioned in the Obit he was an old boy, like me of Victoria School, Kurseong, West Bengal. Although before my time. his brother followed him to VS and was there at the same time as I was.

From…

The Headmaster's Diaries - December 1946.

Htaw, Namey, and Malla passed in the first grade and seven boys were placed in the second grade. The Juniors results were also good. T.Y. Pemba passed third in Bengal with 7 ‘A’s, and 2 ‘C’s out of nine subjects. {This would have been the Junior Cambridge Exams].

24/10/1948
Final Debate of the year judged by Fr Prior, Miss Christian of Dow Hill, and our Mr Bloud. Y. Pemba, the Secretary of the Debating Society, was adjudged the best in the Senior branch and G. White, in the Juniors

In 1948 He got a 1st in the Senior Cambridge Exams.

1950. - From the Old Victorians Association News - Congratulations to Yishey Pemba on passing his First M.B. (London).

Vale. Yishi Pemba.