[BITList] Happy Birthday to Jesus

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 12 08:39:11 GMT 2011

John,

A charming version, almost as historically corect as the usual one.

There was a school in England putting on a Nativity play, story adapted by the cast.

Enter Joseph stage left, wearing flat cap and no collar, pipe in mouth, just up from 't pit. Adresses Mary who has the baby Jesus on her knee.  "And how has the baby Jesus been?"

Mary:  "He's been a right little bugger all day."

And another in Scotland.

Mary and Joseph reach the inn, exhausted.  Joseph knocks the door which is opened by the innkeeper.

Joseph:  "We have travelled far and we are tired.  Can we have a room for the night?"

Innkeeper:  "Sure - we've plenty of room.  Come away in."