[BITList] Office stress!!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 4 19:49:33 BST 2011

Frank,

I feel for them - they're like battery hens,  permanently hooked up to
phones and screens, processing God knows what useless information.  I've
been bored shitless at work, but never like that.  In Terry Gilliam's film,
Brazil, there is a sequence in an office like these ones, full of
shirtsleeves and paper and phones. The operatives are in little cubbyholes
with a desk, chair and typewriter (it may have been a computer). The desk
sticks out of one wall and continues into the adjacent cubbyhole where
another drone works.  It's not secured, so it's continually being pulled
through to one side or the other and vice versa, while the one or the other
exercises the right to most of it.