[BITList] google earth

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Aug 1 14:23:23 BST 2011

G'day Colin,

On 01/08/2011, at 4:47 AM, x50type at cox.net wrote:

<< Of the millions and millions of buildings in the world, you and hugh have managed to find a couple of anomalies with the addresses.
to me that does not warrant labeling google earth not accurate – quite the opposite.  >>

I know of at least one other house that is labeled wrongly. It is in Perth West Australia.

> I was under the impression that google earth is satellite photograph based – could it be that the photographs are not accurate?

No the photos are OK it is the overlay that is applied when you ask it to go to an address.

Karoo Street is the street at the base of the arrow. the point of the arrow is number 37.