[BITList] Beckham and medal

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Apr 30 14:03:17 BST 2011

G'day Ronald,

On 30/04/2011, at 1:17 AM, Ronald Thomas wrote:

> Am I going completely bonkers ( a real possibility)

Not this time, maybe next time?

> or was DB wearing his BEmedal on the wrong side at the Wedding,

Indeed he was!

<< The badge is the only insignia used by all members of the Order. Until 1937, it was suspended on a purple ribbon, with a red central stripe for the military division; since then, the ribbon has been rose-pink with pearl-grey edges, with the addition of a pearl-grey central stripe for the military division. Knights and Dames Grand Cross wear it on a riband or sash, passing from the right shoulder to the left hip. Knights Commander and male Commanders wear the badge from a ribbon around the neck; male Officers and Members wear the badge from a ribbon on the left chest; all females other than Dames Grand Cross wear it from a bow on the left shoulder. >>

See...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_British_Empire