[BITList] London Olympics and air pollution

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 25 07:19:25 BST 2011

Mike,

I'm with those who think London should bear the cost, it being their baby.
Including me in their circle of friends by writing UK instead of London
doesn't help any when I look at how to get down there and see an event.

And it's not as if the situation suddenly appeared.  Back in the 50s, a
bunch of us on Chakdara took up an invitation to attend a dance in a
Seaman's Mission one winter evening.  I recall the air was green, and almost
opaque. We navigated by a mixture of instinct and feel between street lamps,
and one of us must surely have known the way.  The dance wasn't all that
exciting, but at least the air in the hall was clear.