[BITList] pop culture and charlie sheen

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Apr 9 23:11:21 BST 2011

        david rooney [no,not wayne] describes to a large extent, my views on present pop music and celebrity status ..........................................meanigless soundbites.
  is it just me, or is talent and professionalism no longer needed?

        ct

      The Hollywood Reporter’s David Rooney noted that the most interesting thing that happened onstage in an otherwise dull, more sedate show was Sheen’s open invitation to former boss Chuck Lorre to join him in his second New York show Sunday “to fix Two and a  Half Men.”

      GALLERY: Photos from Charlie Sheen's Violent Torpedo of Truth Tour

      “Much as the evening has evolved since Detroit, it remains amorphous and unclassifiable,” Rooney writes. “Depending on your point of view, it’s either the perfect response or the ugly apotheosis of a bottom-feeding pop culture saturated in celebrity obsession, rapid-fire visual stimuli and meaningless sound bites.”