[BITList] more dara

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Apr 9 22:44:28 BST 2011

you visited  dara about a year before I joined, hugh
we had no indian engineers while I was there. the 4EO was a big-head from tyne side [mike jenkings?] and 3EO was wee jimmy hill from glasgow – a very nice lad.
senior 5EO mike belton kept a watch with another JEO and eventually made CEO in BI. I saw where he had passed away about 8 to 12 years ago!
the 2EO then was an english guy – mike chester who didn’t like jimmy hill at all.
the CEO was hector harkiss – a scot. he never came near the ER or came out of his quarters for that matter.
I was on the ozarda in bombay about a year or more later [he was CEO there] when he was carried off the ship on a stretcher – he was paralytically inebriated and had been like that for a long time. I wonder if he recovered. did any one know hector?
colin