[BITList] P&O Heritage Spring Newsletter (Apologies!)

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 9 18:49:49 BST 2011

Colin, Frank,

I was on Dara. We were there (Bombay?) probably 1957 when she was there, and we went aboard to be sociable.  I recall an Indian 4th or 3rd E/O who gave Fats Waller impressions at the writing desk, and a Siamese cat who lay on the tops of the doors. Beyond that, nothing.  Jack Edgar relieved me as daywork fiver on Uganda in 1956, when I joined Chakdara, and he was 3rd on Dara when the bomb(s) went off, but if he was aboard her when I was there we didn't meet.