[BITList] Politicians don't care about the real people

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Thu Apr 7 23:46:54 BST 2011

      `finally – some ones sees this for what it is.....................
      and I suppose you all knew that politicians will still get paid whether the government runs out of money or not – why does that not surprise me..............................?
      ct

        Reader comment: a government shutdown will hurt
        Published: Thursday, April 07, 2011, 1:30 PM
         By Times-Picayune Staff
        Follow
        Share0
        Share Email Print
        Responding to The Associated Press story "Republicans seek 1-week extension as government shutdown looms," reader abamda commented:

        Charles Dharapak, The Associated PressHouse Speaker John Boehner, lright, R-Ohio, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., walk out to speak to reporters after their meeting at the White House in Washington with President Obama regarding the budget and possible government shutdown, Wednesday.
        "The Federal employees who can't pay their mortgage will be the ones who are really hurting. These are real people, even if you don't agree with the Fed Gov and think it should be smaller that's fine but do it in a reasonable, responsible way. You don't just send someone home on Friday and say "I'll let you know when you will get paid again". Do any of these politicians give a crap about the people this is actually going to affect...I doubt it...they care about politics and votes!"