[BITList] dnv farce

COLIN TAYLOR s14engine at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:18:07 BST 2011

hugh

I worked with dnv many times; they will do tests, audits, statistical analysis, computer modelling and analysis ,etc – as well as the more mundane hands-on survey work.
a leading posibility in the cause of the bop failing to stem the flow was the 2 drill pipes in the bop. dnv does not mention this!
dave harvey knows about drilling, drill pipes, bops, etc – I know next to nothing about it.
be that as it may, I have not heard of bent/buckled drill pipes that after being bent straighten themselves out ‘naturally’. Mr. Thompson, of dnv said the pipe was found straight when the BOP was lifted to the surface in September because it was elastic and returned to its natural position some time after the event.     dave harvey may care to comment on this
unfortunately the enquiry proceedings are not being televised this time round.

colin

ps   - why the small ‘n’?