[BITList] dnv farce

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 5 09:26:53 BST 2011

Colin,

Det norske Veritas (small "n") are the Norwegian equivalent of Lloyds, they are not some firm who do tests.  I can't judge anything from such a mishmash of evidence about pipes that are/are not bent.  Theoretically, if I applied static pressure to a straight pipe it would tend to stay straight, and if I applied similar to a bent pipe, the opposite.  In practice, however, much would depend on the end conditions - how it's secured to other things and what happens to these other things.  We read nothing about anything other than this mysterious pipe.