[BITList] A Devine Right

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Sep 18 13:50:27 BST 2010

This is from my Email archives - Wed, 24 Jun 1998 05:55:24 +1000 (EST).

Several years ago, the Catholic Church required women to wear
a head covering in order to enter the sanctuary.  One Sunday a
lady arrived without her head covering.  The priest informs her
that she cannot enter without it.

A few moments later, the lady reappears, wearing her blouse
tied to her head.  The shocked priest says, "Madam, I cannot
allow you to enter this holy place without your wearing a
blouse."

"But Father, I have a divine right," she informs.

"Yes, I see.  And your left one isn't bad either, but you still
must wear a blouse to enter this church."