[BITList] Fwd: P&O Cruise Ship

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 10 18:06:55 BST 2010

  Hugh
I was on Uganda at the same time in the gulf of Lion heading for
Marseilles the weather was not nice and no passengers were to be seen
except for three in the dining room who were too sick to make it to
their cabins, the anchor had come adrift down around /Stromboli/ and
tried to make holes in the bow and of course the anchor winch didn't
want to work to haul it in again that is until I pointed out that they
were pushing the wrong button after nearly drowning several times
getting up to the forecastle, believe there were over a hundred ships in
trouble around the UK coast at the time, it was Jan 60 when I went back
on the Carthage and the sea was still running as I mentioned
frank