[BITList] some fascinating old photographs

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 8 08:09:46 BST 2010

Colin,

Some amazing pictures, one or two of them chilling.  On a sartorial note, why did men wear ill-fitting jackets with only one button?  In a military group I see a soldier who quite closely resembles the younger me, and in an other, doesn't the officer lounging indolently across the photo look a right prat? A final comment - Wounded Knee wasn't a battle by any normal definition.  The photo showing the dead Lakota being buried doesn't show the children.