[BITList] astute crap

CT's x50type at cox.net
Tue Oct 26 15:46:23 BST 2010

hugh

the expert could be this character..................john large.

Submarine expert John Large, a nuclear engineer who led the risk assessment team for the raising of the damaged Russian nuclear submarine Kursk, told Channel 4 News the cost of the repair was likely to be millions

read this channel 4 article – and the opinion of the said john large. and if I remember correctly, we had discussions some time ago about the shit this guy churns out in connection with nuc subs. I remember emailing him about something, I also found their office in london on google earth............................remember?

http://www.channel4.com/news/submarine-accident-could-cost-millions

he says...............the front might be kinked................but if it is damaged at the back.........................to get torpedoes into the older class of submarine, half the submarine had to be dismantled
"If the hull is kinked or buckled at the front, that's not so much of a problem. But if is damaged at the back - where the engine room is - the repair process will have to see all the equipment taken out. To give you an idea, to get the torpedoes into the older class of submarines, half of the submarine had to be dismantled.

I have rarely heard anyone sound so fucking stoopid – who pays this guy for his “expertise”? and if the front is kinked you definitely are up the creek!

ct

John H. Large is an independent nuclear engineer and analyst primarily known for his work in assessing and reporting upon nuclear safety and nuclear related accidents and incidents.[1] From the mid-1960s until 1986 Large was an academic in Brunel University's School of Engineering, where he undertook research for the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority.[2]

As a Consulting Engineer with Large & Associates[1], Large led the nuclear risk assessment team for the raising of the damaged Russian nuclear submarine Kursk, which assessed the nuclear hazards and defined the limits and conditions under which the lift and recovery of the submarine in 2001 took place.[3] Also, he advised the Government of Gibraltar on nuclear safety aspects of the repairs being undertaken to the nuclear propulsion reactor on board HMS Tireless throughout 2000,[4], and he investigated the adequacy of emergency planning in the event of a nuclear powered submarine radiation incident whilst berthed in the UK port of Southampton.[5]

Large has been critical of the nuclear power industry, and is often commissioned by Greenpeace to provide technical analysis on nuclear issues.[6][7] In 2003 a paper Large submitted for publication to the Institution of Mechanical Engineers about the danger of a terrorist attack on UK nuclear installations was suppressed on the advice of the UK government.[8]

Large is frequently interviewed or quoted in the media.[9][10]