[BITList] Permission Slip

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 23 09:32:04 GMT 2010

Frank,

At times I've felt all the things attributed to this David Thorne, but
still, despite feeling some sympathy with him, I think he comes over as a
bit of a prick, tilting rather wordily at windmills.

I had a brief correspondence with our minister's wife a couple of weeks ago,
stemming from a book (Eats, Shoots and Leaves), and it strayed into matters
of religion.  I was able to tell her that, in all the years I've been a
member of that church (since 1961) it was the first time anyone had actually
been willing to discuss a matter of religion with me as opposed to preaching
at me with it for 20 minutes on a Sunday. So far, the correspondence has not
been resumed.