[BITList] Facebook

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu May 27 19:08:38 BST 2010

Colin,

That about sums it up.  I started to get suspicious when details of potential "friends" appeared on my page, and I noted they were correspondents from my Address Book, most likely ones on Facebook.  So my files must have been accessed to get hold of them and cross-reference them. They had no idea they were on my page in that guise but, if I clicked on them, off would go an e-mail to them saying I was inviting them to be a "friend".  And vice versa - like some demented blind date machine.  For people who don't give a damn about security, Facebook is wonderful, and addictive - my daughter would marry it if she could - but not my cup of tea.  It's a major accident waiting to happen.