[BITList] THE MYSTERY EXPLAINED

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun May 23 15:50:41 BST 2010

John,

The cartoon is funny.

Hugh.
-------------------
No Jesus   (So?  He's been dead for 2000 years, for God's sake. I haven't seen Him lately, and he's in the Koran a lot)

No Christmas   (Think on the money saved)

No television  (This is a problem ??)

No cheerleaders  (Well, thank Christ for that.  What are cheer leaders for, anyway?)

No nude women  (They're all nude under their clothes, a fact that scandalised the Victorians)

No car races  (See television)

No football  (This will be the kind not played with the feet - we haven't got it either)

No soccer  (I believe this is football. We used to have this, before it became big business)

No pork BBQ (Like the Jews?)

No hot dogs  (Like the Jews? Nachos are tasteless anyway)

No burgers (It wouldn't worry me)

No chocolate chip cookies  (Doesn't the USA have any kinds of biscuits other than choc chip cookies or Oreos?)

No lobster  (Tasted it once in Malta - nice.  Genuinely don't know anybody here who eats it.  What's it got to do with anything?)

No nachos  (Like hot dogs - tasteless.  They show good taste in avoiding these)

No beer nuts  (WTF are beer nuts ??  I guess that makes me one step close to being a terrorist)

No beer !!!!!!!!  (Given sufficient incentive, I might grant this one)

Rags for clothes and towels for hats  (Not worth a comment)

Constant wailing from the guy next door because he's sick and there are no doctors  (As opposed to the USA, where the wailing will arise through lack of money to pay for a doctor)

Constant wailing from the guy in the tower (Not worth a comment)

More than one wife (An attempt at wry humour ?)
Can't shave (Of course they can shave - maybe they may not, I can't say, but who gives a $£%& ?)

Wives can't shave  (??????)

You can't shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung (??????)

Your bride is picked by someone else (Something like British Royalty ?)

She smells just like your donkey  (????????)

Why do some Americans think being American is the gold standard of behaviour?