[BITList] BBC staff 'to get vicar counselling to help with traumaof moving north' - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri May 14 10:13:30 BST 2010

Mike,

Of course, there are southerners and "southerners", but I think we can agree on the type covered by the article.  The main problem lies with the maps issued to these people - "Here Be Dragons" is writ large, in letters dripping with blood, over the vague outlines of all north of the end of the road out of London.  And don't they speak funny up (oop?) there?  Even funnier up here, but we'll leave that aside - God alone knows how many vicars it would take for that move.  Maybe the sensible move would be to keep all of that mind penned up in London - build a wall round it.