[BITList] BOP's

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Mon May 10 15:23:03 BST 2010

Hugh
I wouldnt fancy being on the rig trying to land the the back up stack,
it used to be bad enough trying to do a re-entry on a well after we had
unlatched and moved off due to bad weather but we were only trying to
latch on with the riser which had a re-entry cone plus subsea tv along
with a transmitter beacons on the stack and receivers on the riser,
suppose they can use the ROV's to fit these but in this case they will
be dangling a stack over a producing well and doing it blind with all
the rubbish coming out of the well Ive watched Red Adare and Boots &
Coots do it a couple of times in Indonesia with varying success and that
was on land rigs  it would be like sitting on a bomb up to on the rig
frank