[BITList] Gulf of Mexico oil spill: Transocean on the block overrigsafety record - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu May 6 13:50:41 BST 2010

Colin,

It gets curiouser and curiouser.  And the Telegraph think the BOP is a safety valve (see link alongside subject story).  It is just possible, safety records notwithstanding, that the thing was a genuine accident.  I see on TV today, that a tall white fabrication is to be lowered onto the sea bottom, hopefully to contain the spill.  Details were lacking, but they (the TV) seemed to be saying it was hastily constructed.  Given the already yawning gap between reality and what the media say, I'd take that with a pinch of salt.