[BITList] Budget will hit poor harder than rich, according to IFS report | UK news | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 24 08:40:37 BST 2010

Mike,

It's called sharing the burden, that's what it's called.  After all, the
poor, and the likes of we who are only a kick in the arse off it, are as
guilty as the banks for causing it all.  "Good God," I recall saying to
Janet one day in 2008, "If we continue to spend as recklessly as this, our
friends in the banking sector will find it hard to maintain their living
standards."  So we bought 4 apples instead of 6.  But our gesture was in
vain.