[BITList] What next?

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Jun 24 07:58:58 BST 2010

What next?

Next there will be degrees in Pop-corn selling, perhaps even Picture Cinema ticket selling?

ooroo
NEWSCORE
June 23, 2010 9:20pm
Luxury department store Harrods is offering a degree to be proud of as it becomes the first British retailer to offer sales staff the chance to earn a bachelor's degree in the "art of selling."

Luxury department store Harrods is offering a degree to be proud of as it becomes the first British retailer to offer sales staff the chance to earn a bachelor's degree in the "art of selling."

>From this month, 10 employees will be selected to take part in the two-year degree course, alongside their current job responsibilities.

The students will study practical and theoretical modules on human behavior, psychology and business enterprise, all from the top floor of the department store in London's prestigious Knightsbridge district.

At the end of the course, the participants will be awarded a BA (Hons.) Sales degree from Anglia Ruskin University, whose academics from the Ashcroft International Business School teamed up with Harrods.

"As a business, we are wholly committed to investing in our sales force and by creating a degree tailored to the needs of the luxury retail environment we are proud to be setting new standards in our sector," Harrods' learning and development manager Arkin Salih said.

"This will be the qualification for retail employees wishing to bolster their sales professionalism whilst investing for their long-term career planning."

Professor Michael Thorne, Vice Chancellor at Anglia Ruskin University, said: "Harrods is the world's most famous department store with a reputation for retail staff training that is second to none.

"Anglia Ruskin University is incredibly proud to be helping to further empower its personnel through the delivery of this new higher level skills training."