[BITList] Indian Officialese

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Jun 13 13:59:14 BST 2010

Bill,

Off List.

On 13/06/2010, at 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:

> He looked at my G'father in a hurt manner and said "Sir, what is this?
> I come to you for increment and you offer me excrement!"

And I frequently tell the story of the Indian teacher who went to England and was teaching in a Technical School.

He found that the students, mainly apprentices, kept making fun of his English and of his accent.

One day the poor man reached the end of his tether and shouted at them, "You boys think that I know fuck-nothing. But I tell you, I know fuck-all."