[BITList] The Robot Golf Caddie

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Jul 22 13:51:48 BST 2010

The Robot Golf CaddieSubject: The Robot Golf Caddie

ct

              THE GOLF ROBOT

    A man goes  to a public golf course. He approaches the man behind  the counter in the pro shop and says,
   "I would  like 18 holes of golf and a caddie."
    The man  behind the counter says, "The 18 holes of golf is no problem, but  all of the caddies are out on
   the  course. What I will do for you is this: We just received 8 brand  new robot golf caddies. If you're
   willing to  take one with you out on the course and come back and tell me how  well it works, your round
   of golf is  on me today."
    The golfer  obviously accepted the man's offer. He approached the first tee,  looked at the fairway and
   said to  himself, "I think my driver will do the job."
    The robot  caddie turned to the man and said, "No sir.. Use your 3 wood. A  driver is far too much club
   for this  hole." Hesitantly, the golfer pulled out his 3 wood, made good  contact with the ball, and the ball
   landed  about 10 feet to the right front of the hole on the green.
    The  golfer, delighted, turned to the robot and thanked him for his  assistance. As the golfer pulled out
   his putter  he said, "I think this green is gonna break left to right."   The robot then again spoke up and
   said, "No  sir. I do believe this green will break right to left."
    Thinking  about the last time the robot corrected his prediction, he decided  again to listen to the machine.
   He made  his putt and birdied the hole thanks to the robot and his advice.  But his luck didn't end there.
   His entire  game was the best game he ever played, thanks to the assistance of  the new robot golf caddie.
    Upon  returning to the clubhouse, the man behind the counter asked, "How  was your game ?"  The golfer
   stated,  "It was, by far, the BEST game I ever played. Thank you very much  for letting me take one of
   your  robots. See you next week."
    A week  passed, and excited, the golfer returned to the pro shop. Upon  entering, he turned to the man
   behind the  counter and said, "I would like 18 holes of golf and one of those  robot golf caddies, please."
    The  gentleman from behind the counter turned to the man and said,  "Well the 18 holes is no problem.
   However,  we had to get rid of the robots. We had too many  complaints."
    "COMPLAINTS?  Who in the heck could've complained about those robots? They were  incredible"
    The man  sighed and said, "Well, it wasn't their performance. It was that  they were made of shiny silver
   metal, and  the sun reflecting off them was blinding to other golfers on the  fair way."
    The golfer  said, "So then why didn't you just paint them so they didn't reflect?"
    The man  nodded sadly and replied, "We did. We painted them palin pink, gave them a toothy smile and rimless glasses. Then four of 'em quit half way through the round, two wouldn't stop winking,  one of them kept mumbling, "lipstick on a pig", and the other thinks she's the  President."

God Bless America!