[BITList] Radios not at sea

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 22 09:53:32 BST 2010

Colin,

Ron forgot to say the radios discussion had been on BIShip.  I didn't own a radio till I got one as wedding present in 1961.  Garish red plastic, but it worked.  At sea the only one I ever saw was a Pye owned by a fellow fiver. I once got Radio Moscow or some such on my Grundig TK9 recorder.  I was experimenting with the innards of a microphone and when I played the tape back, there was the broadcast, picked up out of the air.  Presently we have various radios around the place, and a digital version that will definitely come in handy if digital can ever be received here.  My Bang & Olufsen has developed a hum, so is only plugged in for nostalgic reasons.