[BITList] Radios not at sea

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 23:42:09 BST 2010

talking of personal radios................
I have these three - wish I could have had one of these at sea. I only ever saw one - rich Arab sat on the deck of the Dara listening to ?............................
they are the last three Trans-Oceanic models made by Zenith.
they were usually made in Chicago, but the last model -the R7000, [in the center] was made for Zenith in Taiwan.
Zenith couldn't compete against the Japanese and eventually stopped production of the Trans Oceanic.
the three radios work as original and all have exceptional loudspeaker reproduction.
colin t