[BITList] (no subject)

KENNETH567 at aol.com KENNETH567 at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 22:04:55 BST 2010

Some Men Do Remember
____________________________________

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not  in their
bed.

She puts on her dressing gown and goes downstairs to look  for him.

She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of  coffee in
front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the  wall.

She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his  coffee.

'What's the matter, dear?' she whispers as she steps into the  room, 'Why
are you down here at this time of night?'

The husband looks up  from his coffee, 'I am just remembering when we first
met 20 years ago and  started dating. You were only 16. Do you remember
back then?' he says  solemnly.

The wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is so  caring, so
sensitive.

'Yes, I do' she replies.
The husband pauses. The  words were not coming easily.

'Do you remember when your father caught us  in the back seat of my car?'

'Yes, I remember!' said the wife, lowering  herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continues. 'Do you remember  when he shoved the shotgun in my
face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter,  or I will send you to jail for
20 years?'

'I remember that too' she  replies softly.

He wipes another tear from his cheek and  says...

'I would have been released today'.