[BITList] Curiouser and curiouser

CT's x50type at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 14:22:10 BST 2010

are you under a spell, hugh?

colin

From: HUGH
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:39 AM
To: BITList
Subject: [BITList] Curiouser and curiouser

Silly season.

(1)  Mike Feltham's mail on the National Debt included a link to The Independent article on same, and I was reading the article when a window popped up saying the website could not be accessed, so what was I reading?

(2)  The other day I got an e-mail from BT to say the latest phone bill was available to be seen on-line, so I entered User Name and Password.  Up came a message saying no account existed for these, but there was the bill, underneath the message.

(3)  Janet and I were at the Barclays Scottish Open Golf, Loch Lomond, on Saturday, via season tickets we were given by a friend at Barclays.  Once we got past the ticket check, I put mine in a zip pocket with my wallet.  Later, seeing others dangling from shirts, etc, I decided to dangle mine from a shirt button, but it wasn't in the pocket.  On the faint chance someone had picked it up, I went on the long trek back to the ticket place. I borrowed Janet's in case they asked me my ticket number - they were sequential - and hung it from a shirt button in plain view.  At the ticket place the chap at the desk said no ticket had been handed in, but he called a colleague over.  This prat agreed no ticket had been handed in, then told me I wouldn't be admitted without a ticket.  I told him I was already in, but his expression didn't change.  Clearly, the valid season ticket hanging in front of me was beyond his ken - his gaze had not dropped below my eyes.  So, bored with the conversation, I turned on my heel and left him to it.  The ticket was inside my wallet.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com