[BITList] hold the internet in your hands!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 27 20:36:25 GMT 2010

Colin,

That would need a big pocket - I hope it comes with a bag.  If I want to eat, I go to where the food is - if I want to sleep, I find a bed or a comfortable chair.  So, if I want to use a computer, I go to the computer - I wouldn't normally have a pressing use for one in the middle of a street.  On a long train journey, to annoy my fellow passengers - maybe - but I don't take enough of these to make the expense worthwhile.  I have the same opinion of iPhones and the like - a chap writing in the Herald today commented on people who incessantly fiddle with their fancy phones, even when "listening" to an actual person standing beside them.  I know a number of people who have laptops that are never outside of their house, and never in their laps.  It seems to me that computing has become "an experience", one that has to be continually reinvented.  The man demonstrating it didn't really say all that much about it.