[BITList] For Railway nuts

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 18 11:08:02 GMT 2010

John,

When I was but a lad (early to mid 40s), our gang had a small amount of knowledge of some of these engines, it being a black mark against one to be stumped by a question from another ill clad boy in the street - one of us must have had a book, probably The Boy's Book of Engines or some such.  Only one of the fields we had to became temporary experts in - I recall clouds, astronomy, Olympic records, Ancient Greece, even greyhounds.   I know a chap who will value the attachment.