[BITList] For Railway nuts

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 02:32:29 GMT 2010

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 18 January 2010 3:07:15 AM AEST

The APC Class , 4-4-2. broad gauge has a special interest for me. In the 1930's my dad was a mail driver stationed in Jhajha (Howrah Division of the EIR) and he drove APCs and on rare occasions as a boy I was allowed on the footplate with him. Treasured memories.              The article was sent to me by Peter Moore, the son of one of my cousins. Peter served in the London Metropolitan Police, the Calcutta Police, and the Prison System in Western Australia.  Indian Railways is one of his studies, perhaps because his grandfather, like my dad, was a driver on the EIR.            Persons with railways and steam locomotives in their blood will appreciate the information and illutrations in this article.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.