[BITList] NASA finds cocaine in Space Shuttle hangar

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:26:57 GMT 2010

NASA finds cocaine in Space Shuttle hangar
  a.. Alert
  b..  Print
  c..  Post comment
Extra work on the nose cone

By Austin Modine in San Francisco . Get more from this author

Posted in Space, 15th January 2010 18:50 GMT

Free whitepaper - PowerEdge energy Smart brochure

NASA is trying to sniff out which employee brought a baggy of cocaine into the hangar that houses Space Shuttle Discovery at Kennedy Space Center in Florida this week. The space agency is preparing the shuttle for a launch to the International Space Station in March.

Spaceport officials said an employee found the bag Thursday morning outside a bathroom in the restricted shuttle hangar, Orbiter Processing Facility No. 3. The employee notified security, which conducted tests confirming that a "small amount" of cocaine remained in the bag.

"This is a rare and isolated incident, and I'm disappointed that it happened, but it should not detract from the outstanding work that is being done by a dedicated team on a daily basis," Kennedy Space Center Director Bob Cabana said in a statement. "We have processes that will ensure the integrity of the shuttle. There is no reason whatsoever to believe this incident will have any impact on Discovery's upcoming launch."

how does bob know?