[BITList] Riser Tensioners (Ruckers)

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 11 03:40:49 GMT 2010

Now I know Im going crazy, in deeper water the pneumatic multi-cored
umbilical line was replaced with  Electric umbilical lines with sonar
last resort backup the sub-sea electronic controllers were a nightmare
to maintain as they were filled with an insulating fluid which had to be
vacuumed for 36hours to make sure all the bubbles were out before the
unit could be sent sub-sea again due to the hydostacic pressures the
units were subjected to
frank