[BITList] righteous

CT's x50type at cox.net
Fri Jan 8 22:22:26 GMT 2010

righteous republicans................................!

was limbaugh asked first?

ct

RNC Chairman Steele mirrors Bachmann: God chose me
By Andy Birkey 1/8/10 3:17 PM Photo: WDCpix

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has the job he does because God "placed" him there. His statement mirrors those of fellow Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann, who has asserted several times that she went into politics because God asked her to.

On Pat Robertson's CBN news, Steele said:

  A lot of people think that this is about me. It is not about me. I'm not defined by this job. When this job is over I will go back to doing something else but God, I really believe has placed me here for a reason because who else and why else would you do this unless there's something inside of you that says right now you need to be here to do this and there's going to be a lot of ugly that comes after you but if you stay true and you stay faithful to what brought you into this party and why you believe so much that what this administration is doing is wrong for America then I'm good. You can say whatever you want about me. You can write whatever you want about me. I sleep very well at night Washington. I really do because I know who has my back: the people of America and that is what we fight for everyday.

Steele's comments are reminiscent of statement made by Rep. Michele Bachmann. Last year, she told WorldNetDaily that she would run for president if God told her to:

  "If I felt that's what the Lord was calling me to do, I would do it," she answered. "When I have sensed that the Lord is calling me to do something, I've said yes to it. But I will not seek a higher office if God is not calling me to do it. That's really my standard.

  "If I am called to serve in that realm I would serve," she concluded, "but if I am not called, I wouldn't do it."

She originally ran for Congress because God asked her to: