[BITList] Fwd: [bep] UK Tax

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:07:23 GMT 2010

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Peter Morris" <petermorriscpa at gmail.com>
Date: 11 February 2010 6:58:22 AM
To: <bep at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [bep] UK Tax

Hi Derrick

If you are an Australian permanent resident and a resident for
taxation purposes, you are taxed in Australia on your world wide
income.  Any tax you have deducted on UK sourced income you should
receive a tax credit in your Australian income tax return as well as
including the gross income in it.  You could fill in a FD2 Australia
form to ask the UK pension providers to pay your UK sourced pension
“gross” (without the deduction of tax) and simply pay the tax in
Australia through your Australian income tax return.

For the form see:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/aust_indiv.pdf

Peter M