[BITList] more Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 3 19:52:11 GMT 2010

Colin, Dave (in no particluar order),

If everybody exercised every right they possess or enforced every law in existence, it would be a chaotic world - the trick is to be sensible.  Unfortunately, some only select the rights that appeal to their less civilised instincts.  I understand the Amendment that gave the US gun lobby's ancestors the right to own firearms (on the assumption they were a militia, I understand) also gave them the right to keep cows in their gardens. I don't see them falling over themselves to buy cattle.

I'll try to think on something controversial. On another site, the crankshaft was very controversial indeed at one point.