[BITList] Bundle Up, It's Global Warming - NYTimes.com

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Dec 27 04:46:13 GMT 2010

G'day Hugh,

On 27/12/2010, at 5:02 AM, HUGH wrote:

> According to BBC TV the other day, Frankfurt experienced only short delays - clearing runways in 3-4 hours.

Yes, but they lost the war!

Which reminds me of the air traffic controller at Frankfurt one night.

He had to tell all the arriving aircraft that there were hold ups. In amongst all the airborne radio traffic gong on an Lufthansa captain wanted to know why although they were all in Frankfurt's air traffic control, why did they all have to speak in English.

An American pilot spoke the the thoughts of most of the captains - "Because the Germans lost the war."