[BITList] scotch

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 11 21:04:52 GMT 2010

don’t recall seeing glengoyle, hugh
I like glenmorangie and it is readily available. about $40.
Chivas is ok – too mild for me, although I wouldn’t say no. Famous Grouse is readily available here too about $19.
Vat 69 [the pope’s favourite!] brings to mind the old pickled doctor we had each trip on the chindwara. God knows how much the guy had consumed in his lifetime – distilleries full by the look of him.
he swore by vat 69; he and the 2EO [tiny tim, who was not at all in the same drinking league as the doc] would consume a whole bottle most evenings!
I valued the docs views on Vat 69 – he being a scot and a professional whisky imbiber, apparently for most of his life.
a local acquaintance will start his evening’s drinking with a glass of something like The Dalmore; each successive glass is of of a cheaper brand until he finishes up with Usher or 100 Pipers at $16/bottle, but by which time he is past caring!
My favourite at a reasonable price [$33] is The Dalmore single highland malt scotch whisky – highly recommended.
cheers
colin