[BITList] whisky

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 11 20:17:51 GMT 2010

Colin,

Malt. Little chance around this neck of the woods of getting the 10 year-old Glengoyne I sampled at the distillery when we visited as part of the 150th renunion, so I might end up with Glenmorangie which I bought last year under the strange delusion it was Glengoyne I was buying - it was fine.  On the other hand, the local Coop have a whisky sale on, so I might spend the same and get a more exotic brand. Feel free to recommend. My pal's son-in-law is something big in Chivas, so Alex always has expensive freebies to hand out (in drams).  I recall you saying you don't fancy Chivas.

Whisky-ordinaire.  VAT69 used to be great, since one could always make a table lamp out of the (empty) bottle, but it is not to be seen nowadays where I shop.  The Famous Grouse is a good standby - nobody ever refused a dram of it when I offered, so I might take the easy road and buy that.  I once bought an old gent a hauf of the Johnnie Walker Black Label.  "Cheers, son," he said, and downed it in one.  On another occasion, another of the same did the same with Drambuie.  I no longer buy drink for old gents.