[BITList] whisky drinkers

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:04:11 GMT 2010

a couple of questions for whisker partakers..............

         1    what is your “whisky ordinaire” and how much is it? – price being a factor.

                 2    what is your favourite whisky, at a bearable price?

                3     what is favourite, price no object?

                my favourite whisky for long enough was Dewars Ancestor [square green bottle]. I can no longer find it.
                research  revealed that dewars stopped producing it some year ago and that it had been produced since the 1880’s as Victoria Vat but dewars changed it in 1954 to Ancestor – reason unknown.

                my favourite at a bearable price is Old Pulteney from Wick, straight malt at about $39.00.

                the expensive whisky [about $150] I would not buy is Royal Salute from Chivas – too mild by far.