[BITList] tax poem

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 3 04:18:35 GMT 2010

*The Tax Poem *

    At first I thought this was funny...then I realized the awful truth
    of it.
    Be sure to read all the way to the end.

    Tax his land,
    Tax his bed,
    Tax the table
    At which he's fed.

    Tax his tractor,
    Tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes
    Are the rule.

    Tax his work,
    Tax his pay,
    He works for peanuts ;
    Anyway!

    Tax his cow,
    Tax his goat,
    Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

    Tax his ties,
    Tax his shirt,
    Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.

    Tax his tobacco,
    Tax his drink,
    Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

    Tax his cigars,
    Tax his beers,
    If he cries
    Tax his tears.

    Tax his car,
    Tax his gas,
    Find other ways
    To tax his ass.

    Tax all he has
    Then let him know
    That you won't be done
    Till he has no dough.

    When he screams and hollers;
    Then tax him some more,
    Tax him till
    He's good and sore.

    Then tax his coffin,
    Tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in
    Which he's laid.

    Put these words
    Upon his tomb,
    'Taxes drove me
    to my doom...'

    When he's gone,
    Do not relax,
    Its time to apply
    The inheritance tax.

    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Excise Taxes
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel Permit Tax
    Gasoline Taxes
    Gross Receipts Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Inventory Tax
    IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Personal Property Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service Charge Tax
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Tax
    Sales Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax
    Telephone Federal Excise Tax
    Telephone Federal Universal Service FeeTax
    Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
    Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
    Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
    Telephone State and Local Tax
    Telephone Usage Charge Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

    STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
    and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

    *TIME GETS BETTER WITH AGE*

    /Read it through to the end, it gets better as you go/!

    I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sings
    "Silent Night".
    Age 5

    I've learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either.
    Age 7

    I've learned that when I wave to people in the country,
    they stop what they are doing and wave back.
    Age 9

    I've learned that just when I get my room the way I like it,
    Mom makes me clean it up again.
    Age 12

    I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up,
    you should try cheering someone else up.
    Age 14

    I've learned that although it's hard to admit it,
    I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me.
    Age 15

    I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of
    advice.
    Age 24

    ���

    I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great
    pleasures.
    Age 26

    I've learned that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have
    followed me there.
    Age 29

    I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me,
    I must live so that no one will believe it.
    Age 30

    I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just
    don't know how to show it.
    Age 42

    I've learned that you can make some one's day by simply sending them
    a little note.
    Age 44

    I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt,
    the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.
    Age 46

    I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies.
    Age 47

    I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today,
    life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
    Age 48

    ���

    I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for
    hours.
    Age 49

    I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from
    the phone.
    Age 50

    I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he
    handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled
    Christmas tree lights.
    Age 51

    I've learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine
    cabinet full of pills.
    Age 52

    I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents,
    you miss them terribly after they die.
    Age 53

    I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a
    life.
    Age 58

    I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your
    children,
    work to improve your marriage.
    Age 61

    ���

    I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
    Age 62

    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt
    on both hands.
    You need to be able to throw something back.
    Age 64

    I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if
    you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting
    new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.
    Age 65

    I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness,
    I usually make the right decision.
    Age 66

    I've learned that everyone can use a prayer.
    Age 72

    I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
    Age 82

    I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.
    People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a
    friendly pat on the back.
    Age 90

    I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
    Age 92