[BITList] joyless

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 20 00:30:18 BST 2010

colin,
Yes Gosport was a mess, from a school boys point of view though it was
quite good as each time my school was levelled it took a while before
the teachers found us and sent us on to the next one only to repeat the
performance when that school was also leveled remember having a whole
summer off before being spotted by a couple of teacher when I was
returning from a fishing expedition down by  the Haslar Hospital which
of course was off limits but small boys can find a way around anything
not that much was accomplished at school as most of us would be asleep
having been awake most of the night due to the bombing, I joined either
Nowshera or Wodara in Middlesbrough that was where Smiths docks where if
I remember, we spent some time in the dry dock there on Nowshera having
our bow repaired after hitting the locks leaving Sibera docks in Antwerp
then as we were leaving the dry dock managed to damage the bow again so
it was back onto the stocks and start again. Come to think of it poor
old Nowshera seemed to have a fated life
frank