[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] BI (P&O DP) Reunion, Sydney

Michael Feltham mj.feltham at madasafish.com
Sun Sep 6 09:26:09 BST 2009

 From the other List.  You forget that they are not allowed to send
attachments.

Mike
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dudley Horscroft" <transitconsult at ozemail.com.au>
Date: 6 September 2009 08:23:51 BST
To: <BIship at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BIship] BI (P&O DP) Reunion, Sydney

Herewith the attachment - apparently I mislaid the proper finger when
sending it before, so it never went!

And for Dave Harvey - as you were in BI you were working for the P&O
Group, and therefore appropriate to attend.  In the past apart
from me attendees have included Bill and Felicity Fullagar, Alan
Johnston, the Chief Officer of the "Ikauna" when I was there, who
became a Torres Strait Pilot - I always forget his name - Ian Marr,
one of the Stevedore lads from Sydney, and Kenneth Kynong - that
is as near as I can remember his name, Agent from Rangoon, and a
couple of blokes from Orient Line (a bit subdued at being in
company with so many P & O staff!).

So there should be no problem with you or any other ex-BI bloke
turning up.

Regards

Dudley Horscroft

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

28th August 2009

Dear Associate,

You are cordially invited to our 23rd annual luncheon which this year
is to be held on Thursday 8th October at our usual venue, the
Anzac Memorial Club North Sydney.  We hope that you will be able to
join us for this celebration.  As always partners are most
welcome.

Refreshments will be served from 11:30am followed by a buffet
luncheon.  A modest increase of $5 has been added to cover increased
costs which we are sure you will not consider unreasonable.

As you will be aware only limited parking is available at the club,
entry being from Ernest Street.  If using public transport, bus
services from the city stop at the corner of Miller and Ernest
Streets.  From other areas, buses stop at the corner of Miller and
Falcon Streets, involving a short walk to the Club entrance which is
in Anzac Avenue.

Would you please complete the detachable slip below and return it in
the pre-addressed envelope enclosed for your convenience no
later than 30th September 2009.  Please retain this portion for
reminder purposes.

Please make your remittance payable to P&O/DP World Staff Reunion.

Organising committee:

Les Brooker           02 9634 3621

Ian Cron 02 9450 1364

Gordon Fensom    02 9489 5582

Taleesha Murphy                02 9364 8463

To P&O/DP World Staff Reunion

c/o 69 Rondelay Drive         Date:

Castle Hill NSW 2154

Please tick A B or C

A             I/we wish to attend the P&O Staff Reunion on 81h October
2009 and cheque/money order is attached for $30 per person.
(payable to P&O/DP World Staff Reunion)

B             I am/we are unable to attend on this occasion but would
like to receive notice of the next reunion.

C             I/we do not wish to receive any further reunion
invitations and accordingly would you please remove my/our names from
the mailing list.

(as preferred on name tag)

Postcode:..      Telephone:.....              Email ...................

Please note: printed name tags issued on arrival at the function will
be evidence of receipt of your payment.