[BITList] Fwd: Who says we are poor????

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at Gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:36:28 BST 2009

Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Who says we are poor????

Today is the last day of Diwali. This year we mad Indians apparently
went in a big way for gold, as my daily newspaper says. In Bombay
alone, they bought more than 2 tonnes of gold jewellery on Friday. One
tonne is 1000 kilos - one kilo or 1000 grammes is 2.2 pounds. For
every 10 grammes, you have to pay Rs 16,000 minimum. And about Rs 50
make one US $. Now go on, do your calculations and add to the total
the cost of gold bought in rest of India.

Gosh, whoever says we are poor????

-- H

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.